It's ya girl Lala :)
21 years old.
College girl from Cleveland, Ohio.
just trying to get my body healthy.
I want to be able to run without getting tired and I want toned legs, arms, back and tummy.
s/n: i'm a HEALTHY, FITBLR. PLEASE DON'T FOLLOW ME IF YOU'RE A PRO-EATING DISORDER BLOG :)
Posted on Sunday, 27 May
Posted on Saturday, 26 May
Posted on Wednesday, 23 May
30 Day Fitblr Challenge
Day 1 - All of your stats — > Age: 20, Weight: 149, Height 5’3,”36DD -30 - 40 Day 2 - Reasons for getting healthy —> I want to be healthier because I want a curvier and toned body (smaller waist) and flatter tummy, I want more energy, I I want to be more flexible, and I want to be able to run for a long distance without getting tired. Day 3 - Favorite healthy foods —> strawberries, apples, bananas, blueberries, peaches, and pretty much any other fruit you can think of lol, grilled chicken, raw carrots, celery & crackers with veggie dip, chips with salsa & guacamole, and fruit smoothies Day 4 -Best quotes to live by —> Dios aprieta pero no ahorca. (Spanish for: God won’t give you a challenge you can’t handle). YOLO - (You only live once). Day 5 - Top 5 motivations for your goal —> 1) my mommy. 2) seeing my favorite models and celebrities bodies 3) the fact that i want to be one of those black people that run in the park (you don’t see them for real) lol, 4) so my hair can grow longer. 5) my boyfriend and my friends Day 6 - Favorite exercises —> walking, dancing, lifting dumbbells and yoga =) Day 7 - Music you listen to when working out —> Rihanna, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, & Katy Perry are my faves. Basically anything that gets my energy going and makes me feel sexy lol Day 8 - Favorite time to work out —> I am a late afternoon, early evening work out type of person. so pretty much between the hours of 3 and 5 because that’s when I usually have the most energy =) Day 9 - Unhealthy habits you would like to break and why —-> My obsession with chocolate and getting crazy with my breakfast are 2 unhealthy habits I would like to break. Well first of all, I have cavities and I had to have a root canal because I love chocolate so much. I want to limit my chocolate intake to just once or twice a week. I need to stop eating so much for breakfast because it doesn’t give me the energy that I need. If anything it makes me feel more sleep and I end up with the itis smh. I’m trying though. Day 10 - How you see yourself in one year —> Well body wise, I see myself 30 lbs smaller and stronger. I see myself maintaining my weight loss. I can see myself still eating healthy and still working out on a daily basis. I also see myself helping the people around me work out and in a sense be their personal trainer. Now in other aspects of my life, I will be finishing my junior year of college next year ready to graduate from college with a degree in Kinesiology and apply to medical school. I also see myself being a more mature young lady trying to inspire others with my talents :) Day 11 - Best way to relax — > taking a nap, listening to music, praying, and watching movies are usually what i do to relax :) Day 12 - Favorite healthy drinks —> hands down, smoothies & ice cold water! :) Day 13 - Favorite healthy recipes —> grilled chicken salad with spring mix lettuce, grilled chicken, grapes, apples, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, cranberries, almonds, pecans, strawberries and italian dressing or any fruit flavored vinaigrette :) Day 14 - 5 things you are looking forward to after reaching and maintaining your goals
1) looking good in bikinis, belly shirts & tight dresses 2) being able to inspire other people who work out like my mommy and other people that i love. 3) to be able to enjoy running! 4) be able to take pics without having to suck in my tummy. 5) knowing that i can reach anything if i put my mind, body and soul into it :)
Day 15 - 15 exercises you’ve done throughout the first half of this challenge (If you haven’t done any .. Start them now!)
most of my exercises are toning exercises. I’m not in the business to get stick thin. as i shed this weight, i want to build muscle & tone up :)
Day 16 - Favorite place to exercise —> cleveland clinic’s fitness gym (a.k.a. my mommy’s employee gym) Day 17 - 3 things you cannot stand to see yourself do —>1) laying in my bed instead of getting up and getting active. 2) getting ice cream or something not so healthy after a workout as a “treat”. 3)eating late at night :/ Day 18 - 10 things you would tell to a fitspo beginner
1) DON’T QUIT!!! there will be some hard times that will make you want to say f this, but that’s when you have to stay strong the most and keep going.
2) know what you’re getting yourself into. do your research, get you some fitspo buddies, get you a calorie counting app or go see your doctor.
3) DO NOT STARVE YOURSELF!!!!!! or do anything related to an eating disorder like throwing up, taking laxatives, etc.
4) make sure you are getting in shape for yourself, NOT for anyone else.
5) find yourself a support system. surround yourself with people who are going to support you through your new healthy lifestyle, whether it be friends, family, Jesus, Tumblr followers, anyone who will have your back & be there for you.
6) Just do it. Even on the days when you don’t feel like going to the gym or going to go exercise just do it. you’ll feel better anyway =)
7) you will be sore. you will be out of breath and you may even shed a few tears but all of the pain sweat & tears will go away within a few hours, days or even weeks is worth it. when you see your body changing, it will keep you motivated! the amount of pain you may feel from your workout is temporary but the feeling of regret because you gave up is NOT so play through the pain!
8) you HAVE TO EAT CLEAN & WORK OUT! it’s not one or the other. they both go hand in hand. you need to eat healthy every day at every meal. no cheats. your body needs calories and other nutrients to survive & you need to burn calories (from exercise) so yeah, you need to do both. if you don’t, don’t expect to see any results!
9) Strength Training is a must!! You can’t just be doing cardio and eating healthy without doing strength training! If you want a toned sexy body, you have to build muscle or tone. (same thing). you don’t have to be a body builder but you do need to strength after each of your workouts. this can be anything from lifting dumbbells, using strength training machines, medicine balls, etc. btw, when you build more muscle your body starts to burn more calories too so yeahhh :)
10) LOVE YOURSELF! i cannot stress this enough! if you don’t love who you are now, you won’t love yourself if you’re smaller. loving yourself comes from within. it won’t matter if you’re skinny, thick, or phat, if you don’t love yourself, this journey to a healthier lifestyle will be 100x’s worse. no this doesn’t mean that you’ll only love yourself when you’re skinnier or more fit. Think of it like this, if you love yourself and your body enough, you’ll want to see yourself healthier and you’ll want to take care of your body.
Well good luck new fitspo folks!!! :)
Day 19 - Favorite fruits and veggies
fruits — > strawberries, apples, peaches, bananas, watermelon, and grapes :)
veggies —> raw carrots & celery and cooked corn :)
Day 20 - 3 things you want to try after reaching your goals
1) help someone else reach their goal weight
2) run in a 5k to help find a cure for diabetes
3) try to learn how to do a backflip, front flip and a cartwheel.
Day 21 - 5 exercise that you’ve never done before but would like to try
1) downward dog (from yoga)
2) jumping squats
4) ab bicycles
5) swimming (i don’t know how to swim lol)
Day 22 - Favorite machine/thing at the gym and why
—> my favorite machine at the gym is the cross body ramp (elliptical machine). The reason why i love this machine is because it’s my favorite was to get my cardio in. It works out my whole body, not just my legs and I feel so strong after I finish a workout on it :)
Day 23 - What normally goes on in your head when exercising
—> warming up & stretching: alright, i’m getting reading to kick this workout’s ass! damn i’m getting flexible. haha ;)
—> during cardio: this is so bad, oh shit, i can’t do it, i can’t do it. *rihanna song comes on* i got this, keep going. you want that sexy bikini body :D
—> during strength training: i’m a fucking G! i got this. these weights ain’t got shit on me!!!!!!!!!
Day 24 - Top 5 favorites moments of your fitness journey
Day 25 - How many hours of sleep you get per day, on average
Day 26 - How much water you drink per day, on average
Day 27 - Unhealthy foods that tempt you and how you stay away
Day 28 - The first thing that comes to mind when you hear/see the words ‘fitness’/’health’/’fitspo’ and why
Day 29 - Unhealthy foods you don’t miss
Day 30 - Ending stats, overall feelings/comments
Posted on Sunday, 20 May
Posted on Sunday, 20 May
Ok today was miserable! I know for a fact that i’m not eating enough calories. this 1200 calorie thing is not working for me. i was hungry all day, it’s like my metabolism went up or something. but i need to be eating at least 1400 calories since i work out more than i used to. my body was too sore to workout today so i just walked for about 40 minutes today. Also the scariest thing happened to me while i was at work. it felt like i was gonna pass out. my head was pounding, i could barely move. i had to sit down for like 20 minutes. I’m not trying to be ana or no shit like that so i’m gonna drop my goal down to 1 pound per week instead of 2 pounds per week. i need to learn how to listen to what my body needs. I should know the difference between pushing my body to do more & over doing it. but hey, this is all a learning process. i’m learning how to take care of my body and what it needs. that need is more calories since i’m a lot more active now :)